About the Foundation
The Imade Asemota Foundation for Sickle Cell Research and Patients' Welfare is a non-profit organization, born out of the legacy and mentorship strategyof Miss Imade Mary-Nickie Asemota (1984-2009). The Mission of the Imade Asemota Foundation for Sickle Cell Research and Patients' Welfare is to promote scientific research in Sickle Cell Anemia (SCA) and the development of more effective pain management procedures for patients while enhancing public awareness and engagement, in an effort to seek potential cures/remedies.
The Foundation is committed to fundraising to support sickle cell research, the provision of support systems for sickle cell patients and their families via programs focused on the encouragement of patients to live their lives to the fullest, the provision of effective skills training for family members, care givers and friends and the promotion of patients as well as health givers education on the health management of sickle cell patients.
- Supporting and promoting Sickle Cell Research and Education.
- Spreading comfort, joy, and love in the midst of pain and suffering.
- Encouraging Sickle Cell Patients to live life in abundance, barring remorse, regret, and self-pity, in the face of Sickle cell and adverse health conditions.
- Welfare management of family and loved ones impacted by Sickle Cell.
- Raise funds to support the completion of the Research that Imade was conducting at the University of Michigan towards her Phd in Chemical Engineering.